YANAGISAWA BWO10 BARITONE SAXOPHONE - GOLD LACQUER
- Free 42-Point Professional Set-up
- Fast Worldwide Delivery + No Hidden Fees!
- Award Winning After Sales Service
- Free One Year Checkover
TOP OF THE RANGE ELITE YANAGISAWA FINISHED IN BRASS - SAX ENGINEERING DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!
The WO series for baritone is here! Yanagisawa have refreshed their range and made improvements to their already highly regarded baritones. The BWO10 brings us a new sourcing of brass material, some adjustments in intonation and further advances in key mechanism and layout. The best has just got better!!
The BWO10 is considered one of Yanagisawa’s ‘Elite’ models, and in practicality this means that there are some refinements in mechanism beyond what is available through the BWO1 and 2 models. Firstly, the BWO10 includes a ‘fully ribbed’ construction – this means that there are strips of brass soldered on to the body of the sax, on to which the various pillars are then soft soldered themselves. This gives added ‘body’ to the tone, while offering even further solidarity of design. Secondly, the Elite series offers double arms on the lowest and most vulnerable keys, again adding stability to the set-up.
Now let’s take a look at the improvements that Yanagisawa have made with regards to key mechanism.
1. Change to the angle of the right little finger keys for smoother fingering.
2. Set of ‘feet’ underneath the side Bb & C levers – plus an optimisation in the mechanical side of producing these notes.
3. Newly designed Low A thumb key for smoother fingering.
4. Repositioning of the strap ring for easier playing.
5. Newly designed right-hand key guard exclusive to the new baritones. This protects the player from getting their trousers caught in the mechanics, when balancing the bell section on this area!
6. Redesigned upper bow brace for a stylish look!
Secondly, there are adjustments to sound and intonation:
1. Readjustment of tone-holes sizes and positions for better intonation.
2. Addition of a plate on the front of the neck pipe for a ‘tightening of the sound from middle to high register’.
3. Newly sourced Brass material for WO1 and WO10
And finally, there is a newly designed case, offering much more practicality over the previous model. In-line with the altos and tenors, it is now a back-pack style design! However, for baritone they have included some beautifully designed and slickly inset wheels, essential for any baritone player out on the road! This case also has much more pocket space to store one’s accessories.
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Clear Lacquer
• Key Touches: Mother of Pearl
• Neck: Yanagisawa
• Engraving: Engraved
• Case: New stylish case with Backpack Straps
• Mouthpiece: Yanagisawa Hard Rubber
• Made in: Japan
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a year
• Recommended for: Advancing students, professionals