The DURGA has a step-baffle for power, but also deeply rounded inner side walls leading into our Inverted-Power-Ring™, giving it the full sound inherent in a True Large Chamber AND extra projection. This is why it can scream and be mellow depending on your mood.
The DURGA 4 alto is has been used on tour with Ringo Starr (Warren Ham) and Prince (Adrian Crutchfield) as well as by such Jazz Superstars as Nelson Rangell!
Theo is truly breaking new ground with this mouthpiece as little has been done with modern large chamber alto mouthpieces. This is partly why the DURGA alto is such a stand out in the market. There is nothing ‘vintage’ or modern like it. It is available in 24K gold plate, and premium hard rubber! The DURGA 4 has evolved from the DURGA 1, 2 and 3 with far more core and body to the sound.
- Great for Jazz, R&B, and Rock & Roll.
- Projects a sensual tone that is flirtatious and erotic. It makes everyone want to dance!
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed.
- Radical proprietary Inverted-Power-Ring and our True Large Chamber! Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip. Uniquely shaped long step baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case!
- Serial Number: Includes serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece.
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating on metal mouthpiece.
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber DURGA 4 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet!
- Ligature:The Hard Rubber DURGA includes the Enlightened Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.